Get Found! List Your Business on Google Local
Here’s a quick post to let you know about a free service from Google that allows you to make sure your local business listing can be found on Google. This is a simple Internet Marketing tactic to help your business be found in Google search results.
Here’s how to get started:
- Visit google.com/lbc. Create a Google account if you don’t have one, or sign in with your account.
- Enter information about your business, including address & phone, hours, website address & more: You can even add photos of your business and coupons.
- Verify that you own or run the business: Follow the instructions and enter a PIN code when you receive it, to complete the process. (We recommend using the Phone your Pin option as it takes much less time!)
- Now you’re all set! You can log in daily or weekly to see how your business listing performs on Google, including how many times people found it, and what actions they took.
- To get started today, visit the Local Business Center.
Why is this important? First, nearly 65-70% of all searches on the Internet are done using Google! So you want to be found on Google! Second, posting this information allows Google to know about you and index your business location which is helpful. Third, you are making it easy for locals to find you as your location will be identified on the Google map.
Did you know that there are a number of free internet marketing tools that you can use to help your company be found and stand out online? Contact Digital Hill today to discuss further options for Internet Marketing and for consultation on expanding your business “foot print” online via Internet & Social Media Marketing. Click here to learn more about our Internet Marketing services.
Post by Internet Marketing Consultant Mike Gingerich