12 Steps to an Optimized Blog Post
Every blogger wishes that hitting the publish key will magically result in torrents of traffic, comments and recommends. But as the saying goes, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.
In other words, wishes won’t get you what you want, you have to take action. So, roll up your sleeves and get to work using these marketing methods and get your posts noticed.
- Use Google AdWords free keyword selection tool to improve post titles. If you use WordPress SEO by Yoast your focus keyword area shows you the Google search.
- Tailor status headlines to target specific audience segments.
- Promote content on other sites by posting a question and/or commentary in a forum.
- Post to community sites you participate in, like Reddit.
- Build a following by commenting on other blogs that cater to your desired audience.
- Use Twitter’s advanced search function to identify people looking for what you’re offering.
- Include your latest blog post in your email signature.
- Email relevant posts to targeted customers.
- Place blog headlines in your e-newsletter.
- Build relationships with other bloggers and cross-promote.
This beautiful infographic is from our friends at DIVVYhq.com.
What tips and hints do you have to share with us? Tell us below in comments or contact us.