Killer Tips to Create the Perfect Blog Post
Here’s an amazing infographic on How to write the perfect blog post from our friends over at SocialMarketingWriting.com.
With more companies writing and publishing blog posts on every topic imaginable it can be hard to get readers to notice a specific post. To get the attention of readers one has to optimize the content of each blog post to perfection.
How does one do this?
Optimize the title
Titles are the first thing readers see. They’ll make their decision to read the article based on the title. It can make it or break it for many blog posts. So it’s a good idea to keep these 4 things in mind.
- Keep it under 60 characters
- Use negativity and/or numbers to draw attention (e.g. 9 Reasons Your Business is Failing)
- Use SEO optimized keywords in your title
- Shorten the URL and add keywords
Tailor your content for SEO and reader interest
Though titles are the first thing readers will see, the content is what’ll get a blog post discovered and shared. By optimizing the content for the search engine, more readers will find the post. Making each post interesting increases the likelihood of it being shared across social media.
- Write longer posts (specifically posts over 2,000 words)
- Add images
- Use keywords in both the post and meta description
- Add links for credibility
- Write helpful or emotional posts–create content worth reading and sharing
- Add a call to action at the end of the post
Keep readers around
Even after entertaining a reader with well-written content, it’s still difficult to get them to come back for more or tell their friends. You’ll need to make it easy and fast for readers to share the content and subscribe for more content. This can be done with 3 simple steps:
- Add author bios to the end of each post
- Have an option to subscribe
- Leave share buttons
Make sure everything else is optimized
While creating quality posts is the bigger part of the battle, it may not be enough if a blog is lacking in other areas. It’s equally as important to focus on social media impact and website quality, as well. Some of the most important things to consider include:
- Having social media followers
- Paying attention to analytics to observe what works best
- Keeping a clean website design
- Publishing posts at times when they’ll make the most impact
Every good blog will have consistent quality content. Always remember to craft a good title to capture attention, tailor post content to increase SEO and reader interest, add reminders at the end of each post to keep readers around and convince them to share the post with their friends, and make sure the website is optimized and the article is posted on social media.