The Power of AccessiBe for ADA Compliance on your Website
Website accessibility remains a significant challenge for many online businesses. Indeed, many organizations have already been penalized for non-compliance while others have pending lawsuits for the same reason. Above all, non-compliance means that you will miss out on many business opportunities.
AccessiBe can help you achieve ADA compliance in no time. This can not only prevent legal battles but also allow your business to benefit from millions of shoppers with disabilities searching for products and services online. We’ll explain more about this program further down. But, first, the basics.
What is ADA Compliance?
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is a civil rights law that prohibits the discrimination of individuals with disabilities. It first became law in 1990. However, Title III of the Act which requires websites to be non-discriminating was not added until 2010.
It’s worth noting that there’s no single standard for website accessibility just yet. The Department of Justice (DOJ) is taking steps towards establishing related rules and was recently very close to adopting the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 A, AA). However, this is not final yet and may still be some time away.
Regardless, if a discrimination case against your website goes to court, you’ll be held against the yet to be adopted WCAG requirements. In fact, many courts are now making judgments based on WCAG version 2.1, an update of WCAG 2.0.
Why is ADA Compliance Important?
The key benefit of ADA compliance stems from the possible legal lawsuits resulting from non-compliance. Fines are up to $10,000 for each count of non-compliance. Other than that, ADA compliance can;
- Increase your target audience: An ADA-compliant website reaches people with disabilities, a valuable new demographic.
- Improve the site’s user experience: For people with cognitive impairment, hearing loss, or blindness, ADA compliance dramatically improves the browsing experience.
- Boost SEO performance: Google tends to favor accessible, ADA-compliant websites. Thus, there is a chance of a higher ranking in the search results.
What is AccessiBe?
AcessiBe is a web accessibility solution that helps webmasters quickly and conveniently achieve ADA and WCAG compliance.
As we’ve mentioned, ADA compliance is now crucial for websites. However, achieving compliance is also a tedious, complex, and often expensive process. This is why over 97% of websites are yet to achieve full compliance.
AccessiBe replaces the costly, manual process with an automated, state-of-the-art technology to help you achieve full ADA WCAG 2.1 compliance with minimal effort.
How It Works
AccessiBe has two separate applications that work in tandem to help you achieve full compliance;
- The Foreground Application: This is the accessibility interface. It allows users with disabilities to adjust various user interface options and design elements on the website to meet their unique needs.
- The Background Application: This section is the AI technology responsible for delivering the requested accessibility features, including ensuring screen-reader and keyboard navigation optimization.
Why is AccessiBe the Ultimate Game Changer?
For one, it automates ADA compliance – which is huge, especially for small businesses that may not readily afford accessible website design. Additionally;
- It works on all platforms: The AccessiBe script is compatible with any website, even if your site build is from scratch without using a CMS.
- You get daily compliance scans: As long as your subscription is active, your site is scanned at least every 24 hours to ensure you’re in full compliance with ADA and WCAG 2.1 requirements.
- It works on mobile and desktop: Whichever platform users use to access your website, they’ll have accessible content.
Time To Try It?
If you’re one of the millions of site owners currently struggling with ADA compliance, you should strongly consider AccessiBe. Before signing up, you can check your website ADA compliance rating using the free ADA and WCAG checker. Plus, there’s even a 7-day FREE trial. Get ahead of your competitors by making your site accessible to all potential consumers.