Digital Marketing Checklist
The first thing to do to strengthen your digital marketing strategies and channels is to audit their performance and set goals to improve and adapt. With so many platforms, content, metrics, algorithms and everything in between it’s a challenge just to understand where to begin. This checklist will help get you thinking and give you an actionable list to prioritize.
To plan for the future it’s important to first reflect on the past:
- Review website performance – Do you have an understanding of the trends? What worked well and what didn’t? Review traffic, top pages, and leads captured.
- Run an audit of a competitor. Use a free website review tool online to compare both your site and the competition. How do you compare? Did you like content that they created? Did they take advantage of opportunities like social media or PPC? Do you see things that you could do better?
- Take a fresh look at your website, have friends or family give you feedback. Browse your site from a phone and a tablet – is it functional on these mobile and tablet devices? Does it need to be redesigned in any way for easy use, driving visitors to the main areas and capturing leads?
- Do your blogging frequency, length and topics follow best practices? Do they engage prospective customers? Does your content appeal to the head and the heart? Is it professionally written?
- Do all content pieces (online and offline and external sites) include intelligent, meaningful Calls to Action?
- Are your blog headlines capturing attention and engaging viewers?
- Compare your social media profiles – Are the branding and voice consistent?
- What trends can you see from profile metrics and insights? Is engagement up or going down?
- Can you repurpose web content and resources created for your social media audience?
- Is there a network that you should give more attention to? One to give less attention to?
- What are your current website rankings for vital keywords?
- Analyze search phrases bringing traffic to your site – can you develop web content to connect with these interests?
- Are you maximizing key SEO items in each blog post?
- Is your email capture strategy growing your list?
- How was your email marketing performance for opens and clicks?
- Were you communicating regularly? Was it informative and engaging content?
- Should you adjust sending frequency and automation sequences?
Planning for the future
Analyzing performance of digital marketing strategies from the previous period will help you to see opportunities and develop goals for the coming months.
- Learn the conversion rates at every stage of the marketing and sales process and identify the steps that need improvement.
- Your site must be mobile responsive.
- Make sure you have integrated analytics and measurement tools into your site and all channels.
- Then identify key metrics to watch and create a way to view those stats, at least, every 2 weeks.
- Set up a content calendar and writing schedule and develop content that’s easy for prospects to locate, read and share.
- Plan out offers and strategies to earn newsletter subscription opt-ins. Integrate lead forms and strong CTA’s on your blog.
- Repurpose the best content or develop new case studies and white papers into downloadable resources.
- Commit to focusing on the best performing networks and set up a plan to develop content and grow your audience.
- Assign social media tasks to your team and have time dedicated to content creation, engagement, and connecting with other thought leaders.
- Integrate your social presence in your website with current feeds, and buttons to share content or follow your profiles.
- Develop a long tail keyword list to help drive website visits and blog content.
- Connect lead forms with email marketing software – Use forms that automatically add users to your email list.
- For each CTA on your website, set up a series of follow up emails that will automatically nurture the client. Send them related resources or other tips to further help build trust, value, and connection with prospects.
This Digital Marketing checklist will help you set goals and prioritize tasks. If you need additional guidance, have questions, or would just like a new, professional perspective, contact us for help!